Monday 29 March 2010

Blogger Gadget and iGoogle Widget

The article "25 Great Blogger Widgets" introduced me to some of the gadgets available to add to the Blogger platform with the aim of enhancing communication between the blogger and his or her visitors. Although I thoroughly welcomed this opportunity, I guess it's fair to say that I didn't feel tempted to include more widgets than the ones recommended to accomplish Things 21 and 22 (as well as the additional tasks) to my Blooger nor to my iGoogle pages.

I can clearly see their appeal in general; it's very convenient to have standalone "programmes" that perform useful functions in the same place and at the same time. This is not only likely to save users' precious time but it also helps them to better manage and easily assimilate the information provided. However, I have to admit that personally I cannot see much point in adding some of them such as this one for example other than perhaps for entertainment purposes; which is also important, I guess...

This week, I have somewhat contributed to the 23 Things Oxford blog as well by adding a comment to the latest entry which I hope fellow participants will find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment