Tuesday 16 February 2010

Delicious (Part I)


This is my Delicious page where some of my bookmarks are displayed. As instructed, I started by creating five websites which I felt to be relevant in the fields of Library and Information Science and Web2.0, and I made sure that the shared tag "ox23" was added to all of them.

There is no doubt that the tagging system is highly beneficial as it allowed me to find some interesting websites bookmarked by other fellow 23 Things participants.

The only inconvenience I encountered was that once you click on a link to a website, it won't open in a new window and you may find yourself being drifted away from your Delicious page. Perhaps there is a way to alter this but I have opened the Settings menu, have read the brief explanations given to each topic and still haven't managed to find a solution.

After having followed the suggestions given to explore Delicious further by adding a couple of websites from members of the public and by sending one of my bookmarks to another user, I was then able to reflect on the benefits of using Social Bookmarking Services in a library environment. Being able to access all your favourite websites from anywhere (as long as you are online, that is!) is a massive advantage but perhaps the biggest one of all is the possibility of sharing them with like-minded people and of discovering the numerous useful websites available out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment