Tuesday 9 February 2010

Flickr

Yesterday I created a Flickr account and uploaded five photos of New College Library. I was then able to join the Oxford 23 Things group and to add all the photos from my photostream to the Group Pool. Not many photos had been shared within the group at the time but I enjoyed exploring the ones already provided and look forward to the new additions throughout the week.

My two photos of the exterior of the library were grouped in a set and I also added three of them to the map (although I don’t understand why Flickr insists that they were taken in Headington Hill when I actually made sure the map was zoomed in on Holywell Street!).

The Librarian in me was glad to be given the opportunity to learn more about copyright issues as a result of one of the additional tasks proposed. The Creative Commons website provides a snapshot of their aims and objectives, and helped me to select the licence “Attribution-NonCommercial Creative Commons” for one of my photos. I also expected to find more useful information on the Flickr Blog but was rather disappointed...

Finally, I searched for photos from a particular place, added a couple to my “favs” and complimented some members on their fantastic photographic skills. OK, I did have a look at Picasa Web Albums as well but it was such a quick look that I'm not really sure if it counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment